Monday, February 25, 2008

Kicking the Dog - A Poem















"Stop that!
"You better stop that now!
"Why are you kicking that dog?" he cried in disbelief.

"Because, he's bad."
"Really, really, really bad," she said.
"And because he makes me very, very, very mad."

"That's no reason,
"No reason to kick a dog.
"There's never a good reason to kick a dog."

"There's not?"
"Never? Ever? No matter what?"
Eyes opened wide, surprised, she asked, "But..."

"But... if it's wrong to kick a dog,
"For no reason, not even if he's very bad,
"Or when I'm feeling really mad, then why" she cried,

"Why, when it's me that's bad,
"Or when he's feeling screaming crazy-mad,
Says he's seeing red, 'cause of something I did or said,

Why is it okay then when it's Dad that's kicking me?"

*************************************************

No comments: